Friday, June 09, 2006

Art is cool, man!

Was chatting with a friend in email yesterday about favorite artists. I have a few well-known that are my favorites- Dave McKean and Lisa Snellings-Clark- but two of my favorites I am lucky enough to know on a first name basis.

So I said to myself 'Self, why haven't you given a shameless plug on your livejournal/blog to these highly talented individuals yet?' And myself couldn't answer that question.

She was, in fact, quiet embarrassed. :(

They are two very different artists that I have gotten to know over the years. One of whom I have known since I was in middle school.

The first is the gentleman who created my icon on livejournal. He's been drawing since I think he could hold a pencil. Probably sooner. More recently he's begun working with photography. He also has a fantastic name- Scott Thigpen. You should buy lots of photographs from him on his new website- www.scojobo.com and check out his funktastic artwork on his classic site as well at www.sthig.com. I've watched Scott go from dancing pillows to warm up (still my favorites) to this mod-retro style that is just too cool for words and makes me want to redecorate my kitchen with bright green and blue plastic and serve martinis. (No really- go look. He's too cool for words.)

The second is Beth Trott. She's done lots of work for various RPGs and has an amazingly haunting style. If your a gamer (especially anything fantasy-based, vampire or werewolf based, or anything based in the orient) you must check out her stuff- www.bethtrott.com. If you don't have a pension for gaming, however, I still think you should take a peek. Her images, like Scott's, are the kind that tell stories, as all good artists do. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger faerydusted1 said...

EEP!
Guess its a good thing I said lots of lovely things about you. ;-D

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home