Tuesday, June 20, 2006

All I got'some stupid arm sounds like there's rain in it.

(copied over from my livejournal)
So yesterday someone in the office joked that my arm is like a lightning rod, with the plate still inside of it, and that if I stood outside in the thunder storm I could be like a super hero and be all electrified.

There might be some validity to that.

Or I might be a little crazy.

I was in a foul mood yesterday when I got home. Just downright rattlesnake kind of mean. Wanted to spit hellfire and be grumpy and just 'grr' kind of grump.

Then it started thundering and lightning all over the place. And I kept feeling that pinching feeling like when someone grabs too hard on the end of my elbow. Of like someone's driving a chilled icepick down through your bone marrow.

Not that anyone's ever driven a chilled icepick down through my bone marrow, but I imagine that's what it'd feel like.

And I started noticing that every time I got that stabby feeling and it finally passed, lightning would strike. WHAMMO! And then I remembered the last time I really picked a fight with raevenblade was the last really big thunder storm we had.

So I'm thinking maybe there is something to all this talk of weather elbows and knees and such that all the old people complain about. Bastards.

Of course the power just went off in our building and I felt it. Right along the outside of my left arm. Especially at the tip where that flippin' plate stands a little proud.

Its funny, really. I always wanted a super power. Now my bionic arm has crackling energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home